Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Birthday my dear Logen!


For any of you that have met my dear Logen, you have probably witnessed the following:

  • impressive intake of strawberries, and chocolate
  • high pitched screaming
  • restless leg syndrome
  • marathons around the living room
  • a mixture of communication including parsel tongue, swedish, and chinese (or something that sounds like that)
  • crayon eating 
  • curious george watching
  • mischevious hiding of objects that do not belong to him
  • incredible throwing of toys down the stairs
  • an attachment to his pillow/and or blanket
  • a pacifier junkie 
  • monkey hanging skills regardless of how high
  • a frantic mother trying desperately to keep him safe
  • a dad in the background cheering him on
  • a mop of blonde fuzzy curls standing up in every direction
  • two very beautiful blue eyes 

This little guy is actually not so little anymore, it breaks my heart and makes me so excited at the same time. My Logen is 2! I am terrified and optimistic for the coming years with him. I am sure many more quirks will be added to the list above as we enjoy this journey. He is something that cannot be defined in words. He is incredibly special, and incredibly smart. I love him.



I took some pictures with his Lion to reminisce on when I took his picture weekly with this stuffed animal during his first year. You can definitely see, he has grown quite a bit since then! It was fun comparing his size this time however, he was less than cooperative. I found it very funny the range of emotions I caught on camera, take a look: